[P o r t f o l i o] [A b o u t M e] [B l o g] [Y o u r P i c t u r e s] [C o n t a c t M e]

Monday, May 24, 2010

It Grows!



Spring is nearly over. I realize that. In fact, summer is almost here. And - the worse part - I've had this bulb waiting to be planted since Christmas. (Thanks, Christina! :-P) But somehow, I never found time to actually plant it and let it start growing! Accctttuuuaaallly, the truth of the matter is that I kept forgetting to buy potting soil so I could plant it. Well, I finally got a bag of dirt (why do they charge money for that stuff?!?) and was ready to start growing green stuff.

But then: the Blonde Moment.

The gifted gardening set came with dehydrated soil. All I needed to do was rehydrate the soil, watch it decompress, and put the bulb in it. Umm. Yeah. I'm just that brilliant. (And - obviously - do not have a green thumb.)

So with an extra bag of potting soil sitting around, I planted the bulb and waited. For two weeks, I waited.

"Oh no! Did I kill it?"

"How am I going to explain this to Christina?"

"What if it never grows?"

"I'm a faaaaiiillluuurre!!!"

And suddenly? There it was. It popped up. And kept on growing. And growing. And growing. (At once point, I noted its height as I cleaned my living room, went to clean my bedroom, walked back through the living room...and it had grown. Yup. That fast. Or maybe my bedroom was just that dirty. I'll never tell.)

The above progression of camera phone pictures (thankyouMrDroid) were taken over the course of 24 hours. Yup. 24 hours. And its still growing. And I'm still marveling.

Time to go plant some more seeds...

No comments:

 
 
All photos and content copyright © Jenni Marie: Photographer