[P o r t f o l i o] [A b o u t M e] [B l o g] [Y o u r P i c t u r e s] [C o n t a c t M e]

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cheyenne and Alicia (Part 1)



When I showed up at the barn at 5:05, Alicia was confused -- "Were we supposed to meet at 5? Or 5:30?"

I like to be on time. Maybe even early. This time, I was 30 minutes early, thanks to my GPS and its inability to let me waste time getting lost. I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get to the farm, so I added extra minutes to explore the area. No need. My trusty GPS got me right there, no problem.

But I was actually glad I was early.

Alicia didn't have Cheyenne brushed, saddled, or ready for her closeup when I got there. But that meant I got to watch the process from beautiful horse to beautiful horse! Beautiful, I tell you! =) Plus, watching them interact during that process proved to me that a horse isn't just a horse -- their friendship was almost more palpable than my sister with her dog. And no matter how much I can't comprehend that relationship between human and animal, I can most definitely appreciate it.












3 comments:

The Raven's Landing said...

*grin * I see you've stepped into the world of trying to make a horse smile for the camera ;-) It's _really_ hard. Unless the horse has a thing for cameras (and some do-those horses are a ton of fun)

Kelly Sauer said...

My sister is getting a horse. You have totally inspired me to do this for her... love it!

Gabrielle Ryan said...

ohmygoodness i miss horses so much! wooow!

beautiful girl! and beautiful horsie!! :D

 
 
All photos and content copyright © Jenni Marie: Photographer