[P o r t f o l i o] [A b o u t M e] [B l o g] [Y o u r P i c t u r e s] [C o n t a c t M e]

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Waiting for Evie



I stood in their kitchen, flipping through an unfinished scrapbook. Misti and Brian were getting ready to go head out the door and I had a few minutes to look at the pile of props on the counter. It was Evie's baby book. A story to her daughter, written by Misti before Evie even made an appearance into the world. I wish I could remember the exact words, but all I know is that there was a LOT of love, devotion, and excitement poured into that book -- with slots empty for putting Evie's first picture and pictures from the last days of pregnancy.

I could just imagine an adult Evie reading it, maybe before heading off to college...or getting ready to have her own children ... or just sitting on a couch with an aging mother, remembering. She'll have her Mom's curly hair, her Dad's chin, and be one beautiful woman. And there she will be...maybe wiping away a tear or two (like I did), reading how much her parents planned for her arrival and anticipated it with such longing and excitement.

Just a few more weeks and then the waiting will be over and Evie will be part of the family. Can you say: "excited!!!"? =)













1 comment:

Kelly Sauer said...

that last one is so sweet!

 
 
All photos and content copyright © Jenni Marie: Photographer