[P o r t f o l i o] [A b o u t M e] [B l o g] [Y o u r P i c t u r e s] [C o n t a c t M e]

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Andrew



Give me two years.

Or, rather, give Andrew two years. In two years he'll be getting a writeup in some business journal for some prestigious award; in two years I'll be taking the photos to go along with the article. In two years, folks. Two years.

We met up to do a quick round of head shots, but thanks to unexpectedly cleared schedules we had time to experiment ... and branch outside of the typical head shot setup to enjoy some more artistic fun; in which I told Andrew what to "channel," he "channeled," and we all laughed.




But as we laughed, I was also reminded of a very important fact: changed plans can mean better plans.

See, we were originally scheduled to have a mere 30 minutes for the shoot. Trying to coordinate two busy schedules, that was the way it had to be. But then that changed. Unavoidable scheduling conflicts and fickle weather got in the way and forced a reschedule. The second time around meant we had extra time to shoot. Obviously a good thing, right? But I'll admit it: at first, I didn't think so; I wanted to be grouchy and mad at the weather and it just didn't make sense why we'd have to delay.

In life, plans change. That's a fact.

Take me, for example. A year ago, I would've never, ever imagined I'd be where I am today. In fact, I had an entirely different plan in mind. And when the plans changed quite dramatically, I thought I'd shrivel up into a raisin because nothing seemed as good as that plan. But, ummm... newsflash: I. Was. Wrong. This is waaay better. Those changed plans mean that I am now realizing drams, smiling a lot, and enjoying a life better than I could've possibly imagined a year ago. I'm being thrown opportunities that my brain cannot even comprehend. And - wow - this is fun.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20)








And finally...your turn to laugh...

Align Center

2 comments:

Ashleigh Dean said...

AHHH I love these! Especially that last picture. Great job.

I also like the journaling part of this blog...isn't it so great how changed plans can mean BETTER plans?! Today's chapel (at school) was in honor of the seniors and a few of them shared "words of wisdom." One of the seniors talked about this exact thing! She said that we have to be willing to chang and accept what we are given because before we know it we will realize it is way better than Plan A.

You go girl! And you keep living this plan!

PS. I miss you!

Veritatem Amate said...

If you're ever lacking in the money department, you should publish some of your blogposts as a photojournalism devotional book.

 
 
All photos and content copyright © Jenni Marie: Photographer